Training and events diary
‘Understanding Male Eating Disorders’ workshop - upcoming dates
The following workshops are being offered FREE to professionals, volunteers and others in supporting roles:
- Brighton – Friday 7th June, 1-4pm, at The Space for Change
- Manchester – Thursday 20th June, 1-4pm, at the Lesbian and Gay Foundation
- Birmingham – Friday 5th July, 1-4pm, at the Centre for Voluntary Action
- Bristol – Friday 19th July, 1-4pm, at the Create Centre
- Newcastle – Tuesday 3rd September, 1-4pm, at Castle Gate Centre
- Hull – Thursday 5th September, 1-4pm, at Hull CVS
- Brighton – Thursday 19th September, 1-4pm, at The Space for Change
About the workshop
Our key workshop ‘Understanding Male Eating Disorders’ is delivered to professionals to encourage excellent professional practice by tackling the misconceptions surrounding eating disorders. We aim to give professionals a better understanding of eating disorders in men so professionals can become more responsive to men’s needs and recognise the barriers sufferers feel they face when approaching treatment and recovery.
The workshop will;
- Explore some of the myths & misconceptions often associated with male eating disorders.
- Look at eating disorders, definitions, contributing factors and other associated conditions.
- Provide an insight into the issues men face getting help and looking at real experiences from men who have suffered themselves.
- Examine the barriers men face in accessing services and looking at ways professionals and services can overcome these barriers to provide gender inclusive service provision.
This workshop is both informative and interactive leaving ample opportunity to discuss the points raised in the workshop.
Who will benefit
Professionals from across all sectors are invited to attend the workshops including education, health and social care, mental health and counselling.
The cost of the workshop is covered by a grant so those normally unable to pay for the training are able to attend, including students volunteers and carers.
We encourage larger (£50,000+) organisations, companies, statutory bodies and charities to make a donation, as this supports our core work, including future training delivery. Suggested donation:
£1 million+: £50
To make a donation online click here or contact us to send a cheque.
Bookings & Enquiries
To book your place at the workshop please download our Terms and conditions for Training – Free workshops. Please also take time to read our Training booking from
Please note there are a limited number of places available on each workshop so it’s best to book at the earliest to avoid disappointment. If the workshop is fully booked we will add you to a waiting list and contact you if a place becomes available. We can only provide no more than two places per organisation.
For any enquires please email Sam Thomas: email@example.com
MGEDT also offer in-house training for teams of professionals and volunteers at affordable rates, For more information click here