Training and events diary
‘Understanding Eating Disorders in Men’ workshops
The following workshops are available for individuals who are seeking an increased insight and knowledge into eating disorders in males.
- Brighton, 8th March, 1-4pn, Brighthelm Centre, North Road, BN1 1YD*
- York, 24th May, 10-4pm, The Bar Convent, 17 Blossom Street, YO24 1AQ
- Manchester, 1st June, 10-4pm, The Studio, 51 Lever St. M1 1FN
- Cambridge, 8th June, 10-4pm, Moller Centre, Churchill College, Storey’s Way, CB3 0DE
- Plymouth, 13th July, 10-4pm, Moment’s Café, 69 New George Street, PL1 1RJ
*Workshop (half day) in Brighton is free to attend with limited number of places available.
Other workshops to be announced in Cardiff and Newcastle later in the year.
About the workshop
Our key workshop ‘Understanding Eating Disorders in Men’ is delivered to professionals to encourage excellent professional practice by tackling the misconceptions surrounding eating disorders. We aim to give professionals a better understanding of eating disorders in men so professionals can become more responsive to men’s needs and recognise the barriers sufferers feel they face when approaching treatment and recovery.
The workshop will;
- Explore some of the myths & misconceptions often associated with male eating disorders.
- Look at eating disorders, definitions, contributing factors and other associated conditions.
- Provide an insight into the issues men face getting help and looking at real experiences from men who have suffered themselves.
- Examine the barriers men face in accessing services and looking at ways professionals and services can overcome these barriers to provide gender inclusive service provision.
This workshop is both informative and interactive leaving ample opportunity to discuss the points raised in the workshop.
Who will benefit
Professionals from across all sectors are invited to attend the workshops including education, health and social care, mental health and counselling. The workshop is also suitable for others in a supporting role including students volunteers and carers.
Delegate costs for attending our arranged workshops are outlined as follows:
- Professionals working in voluntary organisations and charities: £65 per place
- Professionals working in statutory organisations or independent organisation or independently practice: £145 per place
Bookings & Enquiries
Download: Workshops Terms and conditions
Download: Workshops booking from
For any enquires please email Sam Thomas: firstname.lastname@example.org
MGEDT also offer in-house training for teams of professionals and volunteers at affordable rates, For more information click here