Forum rules | Introductions | Peer support
April 27, 2011
- The forum is meant for male sufferers and their carers’ and family members only. For anyone outside this remit please see our links and resources section for further support or contact us.
- Registration is required to join the discussion. Contact information given during registration will not be used for any other purpose than MGEDT. Due to recent problems with spam, all new registrations must be approved by a moderator and may take 24 hours or more to approve (however we will do our best to approve new registrations promptly). If you registration has not been approved after 3 working days please contact us.
- Clinicians and Professionals in the eating disorder field may register and post, but we ask that the conversation remain primarily between and in the service of the questions posted from users on the forum. Clinicians should refrain from marketing their services, and are asked to contact MGEDT's Charity Director before posting any links to surveys, interview requests, or announcements.
- Protect your privacy by choosing a username that does not reveal your real name or identity, and be careful in what information you provide in your profile: it is available for viewing by registered members.You can use your name and add a profile picture if you chose to do so but is not compulsory. Please refrain from providing your specific geographical locality or contact information or your post will be deleted.
- Advice given on online forums is of variable quality and reliability. MGEDT Admins will try to provide advice to individual posts where possible.
- This is an anonymous forum but anything you post will be available to anyone, anywhere, permanently. If you post about specific people, treatment providers, or methods you can assume that the subject will read it.
- This forum is an adjunct, not a replacement for professional consultation. For diagnosis and referral to services please speak to your GP.
- Please use an email account that you will monitor regularly (including spam folders) for occasional communications from MGEDT. Administrators or Moderators. Failure to respond to personal email communications from MGEDT may result in the suspension of posting privileges. Disposable email accounts are NOT ALLOWED.
- Clinicians who are also caregivers should clarify this relationship if posting for support as a caregiver.
- Carers who are also in treatment for eating disorders must limit questions to caregiving issues.
- Users can edit or delete their own posts and registration information at any time.
- Please feel free to share your experience and opinion, but refrain from telling others what to do. Please be mindful and inclusive of the range of religious and cultural backgrounds using the forum.
- The marketing of books, resources or services is not allowed on the Forum. Members may suggest resources that they have created, heard about, or used and found helpful in the context of a Forum discussion. Caregiver authors may submit announcements for inclusion on the MGEDT Bulletin Board (wording subject to Administrator approval). Advertising and point of sale links will be removed from member signature fields. MGEDT understands that this is a grey area and asks that members err on the side of caution if they are unsure if a post is appropriate.
- Inappropriate registrations and posts will be deleted and users banned from future use.
Most Users Ever Online: 58
Currently Browsing this Page:
Thomas Grainger: 22
Admin 3: 2
Guest Posters: 1
Newest Members: Brucelie, Bruce, annamolly, Illaoi, solarproduct, etege, r2d2-123, lamstoresekay, iak12345, essayservice4
Administrators: admin: 9