You can support MGEDT by making a one-off or regular donation via Charity Giving.
For more information please click here >
your support and
have your say in
how we deliver
our services and campaign.
Welcome to the
Men Get Eating Disorders Too website
‘Men Get Eating Disorders Too’ is an award winning national charity dedicated to representing and supporting the needs of men with eating disorders.
Eating disorders are typically perceived to be conditions that are suffered by only females – this is far from the case. People of either gender are affected irrespective of age, social status, religion, ethnicity or sexual orientation .
Our website provides essential information that is specific to the unique needs of men and an online space for men to get their voices heard as well as offer peer support via our forum. We also campaign in the media and organise awareness raising events and training for professionals.
What’s new at MGEDT?
Places available for our upcoming full day workshops
We are taking booking for individuals to attend our upcoming training dates in London on 17th December, Birmingham on 24th January. Manchester on 17th April and Newcastle on 9th May.
The workshops are aimed at professionals, carers and others in a supportive role. Our training aims to give participants a better understanding of eating disorders in men so they can become more responsive to men’s needs and recognise the barriers sufferers feel they face when approaching treatment and recovery. For more info and to book your place click here
MGEDT is shortlisted in the UK’s largest Diversity Awards
MGEDT has been shortlisted for the ‘Community Organisation for Gender’ category at The National Diversity Awards. To read the news release click here.
- Our #ChristmasAppeal launches next week. Would you consider donating to help support males with #EatingDisorders? http://t.co/MGti5iTXUT
- @NTWNHS @TEWV Places are available for our workshop on male #EatingDisorders in Newcastle. http://t.co/ARB7jhivvk Pls RT
- @GMW_NHS @MMHSCT LeedsandYorkPFT Places are available for our workshop on male #EatingDisorders in MaNchester http://t.co/EFj4iOQ8DL Pls RT
- @BSMHFT @Youthspace1 @BCPFT Places are available for our workshop on male #EatingDisorders in Birmingham. http://t.co/takw4AMRHR Pls RT
- 'Boys and men's eating disorders still poorly understood' - article from Canada feat @NEDIC85: http://t.co/xNgoJaQLLf #EatingDisorders