You can support MGEDT by making a one-off or regular donation via JustGiving.
For more information please click on the logo below
your support and
have your say in
how we deliver
our services and campaign.
Welcome to the
Men Get Eating Disorders Too website
‘Men Get Eating Disorders Too’ is an award winning national charity dedicated to representing and supporting the needs of men with eating disorders.
Eating disorders are typically perceived to be conditions that are suffered by only females – this is far from the case. People of either gender are affected irrespective of age, social status, religion, ethnicity or sexual orientation .
Our website provides essential information that is specific to the unique needs of men and an online space for men to get their voices heard as well as offer peer support via our forum. We also campaign in the media and organise awareness raising events and training for professionals.
What’s new at MGEDT?
Places available for our upcoming full day workshops
We are taking booking for individuals to attend our upcoming training dates in Manchester on 17th April, Newcastle on 9th May, Brighton on 1st July and Glasgow on 10th July.
The workshops are aimed at professionals, carers and others in a supportive role. Our training aims to give participants a better understanding of eating disorders in men so they can become more responsive to men’s needs and recognise the barriers sufferers feel they face when approaching treatment and recovery. For more info and to book your place click here
‘Stand Up To Eating Disorders’ – MGEDT 5th birthday event
To mark the fifth birthday of Men Get Eating Disorders Too, we are holding ‘Stand Up To Eating Disorders’ on 24th April, 7-10pm, at the Latest Music Bar in Brighton. For more information and to book your ticket for £10 click here
- RT @bcuban: Getting ready to go on BBC 5-Live to discuss the rise of muscle dysmorphia in men
- If you missed it watch @TroyRoness and others discuss #gay men and #eatingdisorders on @HuffPostLive via the link: http://t.co/GuHdEOfpO8
- @HuffPostLive will be discussing #gay men and #eatingdisorders at 4.40 ET (8.40 GMT) this eve. Tune in online: http://t.co/GuHdEOfpO8
- 'Dedication to Jeremy Gillitzer: Why I Set Up Men Get Eating Disorders Too' my latest blog post on the Huffington... http://t.co/qRMX66mS8G
- 'Dedication to Jeremy Gillitzer: Why I Set Up MGEDT' @sam_thomas86 latest blog on @HuffPostUK http://t.co/m2isNX8EYg #EatingDisorders