You can support MGEDT by making a one-off or regular donation via JustGiving.
For more information please click on the logo below
your support and
have your say in
how we deliver
our services and campaign.
Welcome to the
Men Get Eating Disorders Too website
‘Men Get Eating Disorders Too’ is an award winning national charity dedicated to representing and supporting the needs of men with eating disorders.
Eating disorders are typically perceived to be conditions that are suffered by only females – this is far from the case. People of either gender are affected irrespective of age, social status, religion, ethnicity or sexual orientation .
Our website provides essential information that is specific to the unique needs of men and an online space for men to get their voices heard as well as offer peer support via our forum. We also campaign in the media and organise awareness raising events and training for professionals.
What’s new at MGEDT?
Places available for our upcoming full day workshops
We are taking booking for individuals to attend our upcoming training dates in Newcastle on 9th May, Brighton on 1st July, Glasgow on 10th July, Manchester on 19th September, Belfast on 26th September and Bristol on 16th October
The workshops are aimed at professionals, carers and others in a supportive role. Our training aims to give participants a better understanding of eating disorders in men so they can become more responsive to men’s needs and recognise the barriers sufferers feel they face when approaching treatment and recovery. For more info and to book your place click here
‘Stand Up To Eating Disorders’ – MGEDT 5th birthday event
To mark the fifth birthday of Men Get Eating Disorders Too, we are holding ‘Stand Up To Eating Disorders’ on 24th April, 7-10pm, at the Latest Music Bar in Brighton. For more information and to book your ticket for £10 click here
- RT @BrightonCarers: New peer support grp for those affected by an eating disorder with @MGEDT. Find out more at the Welcome event 27 May;ht…
- 'Stand Up To Eating Disorders' our 5th birthday event takes place this Thursday at @latestmusicbar in #Brighton http://t.co/9uy8nTy0qW
- 'When Does Exercise Become Obsession? The Truth About Exercise #Bulimia?' interesting article on @HuffPoLifestyle http://t.co/nzOb4mndom
- 'When Does Exercise Become Obsession? The Truth About Exercise Bulimia' article in the Huffington Post UK asking... http://t.co/OKkhAmxgYy
- Only one week to go to our 5th b'day celebration event 'Stand Up To Eating Disorders' at @latestmusicbar in #Brighton http://t.co/mjal5X0Dem