You can support MGEDT by making a one-off or regular donation via JustGiving.
For more information please click on the logo below
your support and
have your say in
how we deliver
our services and campaign.
Welcome to the
Men Get Eating Disorders Too website
‘Men Get Eating Disorders Too’ is an award winning national charity dedicated to representing and supporting the needs of men with eating disorders.
Eating disorders are typically perceived to be conditions that are suffered by only females – this is far from the case. People of any gender are affected irrespective of age, social status, religion, ethnicity or sexual orientation .
Our website provides essential information that is specific to the unique needs of men and an online space for men to get their voices heard as well as offer peer support via our forum. We also campaign in the media and organise awareness raising events and training for professionals.
What’s new at MGEDT?
Places available for our upcoming full day workshops
We are taking booking for individuals to attend our upcoming training dates in Manchester on 19th September, Belfast on 26th September and Bristol on 16th October. Dates for London and Edinburgh will be announced soon.
The workshops are aimed at professionals, carers and others in a supportive role. Our training aims to give participants a better understanding of eating disorders in men so they can become more responsive to men’s needs and recognise the barriers sufferers feel they face when approaching treatment and recovery. For more info and to book your place click here
Launch of new peer support service for Brighton & Hove
Men Get Eating Disorders Too is working in partnership with the Carers Centre, As You Are and the Brighton and Hove Eating Disorders Service. The new Peer Support Service will involve monthly meetings for men, women and carers. For more info about the groups click here
Our launch event for new service will take place on 7th October, 2.30-4pm in central Brighton. Professionals and interested community members are welcome to attend. For info and register attendance click here
- Next stop on the Workshop Tour will be #Manchester & #Bristol. For info and to book a place go to: http://t.co/XnsVnhYKhB #EatingDisorders
- Thanks to @MBEEDSScotland for co-delivering at our workshop in Glasgow last week. We'll be announcing a second date soon! #EatingDisorders
- Interesting discussions on whether masculinity is dying out, evolving or diversifying by @mbeedsscotland in #Glasgow http://t.co/xzjpF9gckW
- Our workshop in #Glasgow with @mbeedsscotland speaking on #EatingDisorders & #BodyImage in men http://t.co/zdneL7yL2x http://t.co/Tl8aYLKRuh
- RT @Sa_raPreston: Wishing @mbeedsscotland & @MGEDT a great training day with GPs in Glasgow today. #maleeatingdisorders #EndTheStigma #ment…